It’s all card talk on Carnagecast this week. Ray’s looking forward to the 2014 Commander decks for Magic: the Gathering, and the imminent Khans of Tarkir block. Tyler’s got his eye on The Sleeper Below for Call of Cthulhu: The Card Game, and the just-announced For the Greater Good expansion beyond that.
Ray explains what he likes in particular about the Commander format. Tyler worries there may be no love in his love-hate relationship with Netrunner, and confesses deckbuilding is his least favorite part of constructed card games, a genre of game founded entirely on building decks. Ray’s solution is to play more games until deckbuilding comes naturally, which is a winning strategy no matter what, when you think about it.
- 2014 Commander Decks
- A Game of Thrones: The Card Game
- Elder Dragon Highlander
- Call of Cthulhu: The Card Game
- Android: Netrunner
- Timmy, Johnny and Spike player types
- Macho Women with Guns
- The Gamers: Hands of Fate
- Romance of the 9 Empires
- Esoteric Order of Gamers, makers of fine rules reference sheets
- Enigma machine
- Cardfight Vanguard
- Jyhad, now known as Vampire: The Eternal Struggle
- Raw Deal